need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Water and me

Today it rained. Off and on rain, side-ways rain, rain coming up from the ground, and my favorite, rain that is in one spot but not in another (aka half'n'half). The rain got me a little bit, but stopped when I got my rain gear. A while back when I was standing on house left and needed to help a guest, as soon as I stepped away, the water from the hero's jet ski splashed the area I had previously been standing in. Well today as I was standing next to my coordinator and a fellow co-cast member, I suddenly remembered that incident. As I opened my mouth to tell them, I looked to my right and noticed the bottom of the jet ski facing us and it's tail high in the air. With my ninja-like reflexes, I ducked forward and completely avoided the inevitable spray that came my way. Looking behind me, I was graced with the sight of the other two standing there soaked. It was awesome. After that show, I was putting the rope back in place and getting ready to head back up camera alley when suddenly I hear the clicking sound that alerted me to the fact that the propane let off for the day was about to go off. Again, my ninja reflexes propelled me forward away from danger as the tech guys blew up the last of the propane for the evening burn-off. A little while ago, we were getting out of Steph's car and I was about to brag about how I had narrowly missed wetness and fire all in the same day. Suddenly the sprinklers came on and they spray in a circular radius so it didn't matter where I dodged, I got hit in the back with icy cold water. Steph made fun of me because I did a "gay dance." I kept saying it was gay and dancing in a circle...apparently. Today I found out that the super nice Chinese girl I am making friends with is going to be moved to Honey I shrunk the kids play set. I'm so sad, but at the same time, I'm praying that I get to be trained at the Backlot Tour Water Tank. I hate that her and the other Chinese girl are going to be moved to Honey. They have good English skills and I can't understand why they would spend time training the girls if they weren't going to keep them with us at LMA. I dunno...I told her that I would come visit them, and she told me that I was the only one who was really nice to her, so that made me feel better. It feels good having friends here, because back home no one ever asked me to go do stuff with them and here it's like I'm invited to a party every night. It's a total boost to my ego, but I try really hard not to let it get to my head. I need to finish up some stuff and get to bed. I'll talk to you guys later!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I don't get why they train people only to not have them work there. My roommate was trained in merchandise for food & wine. At the end of the 3 days they were informed that too many people had done it so half were going back to their original jobs. But they could sign up to do quick service f&b for the festival, so that's what she did since she'd already bought the white shoes.

Mary said...

"back home no one ever asked me to go do stuff with them"

I feel your pain, Kendra. It's always been the same for me & Wes, we have to be our own friends because we don't really get invited anywhere. We'll be moving to Florida next summer...and although we'll be in Gainesville (which is like an hour or so north I believe), I'm just excited at the prospect of already having friends there. I can't wait to party with you!! :)