need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dead tram...

The other day, I forgot to tell you guys, I was riding on the tram to get back to our vehicle, and suddenly the tram powered down. I could feel the vibrations stop and the tram completely lost power and we were all stranded, in the dark, in the Minnie Parking area. We were in Pluto and still had to go through the rest of Minnie, Chip'n'Dale and then make it Pluto 24. The tram dude was just a talkin' then suddenly-it was dark! It was an adventure indeed. It's been rainy the past couple of days. Today was rainy and gloomy. I need to get trained in another area so I can get more than 30 hours because $80 a week isn't enough to live on. I'm thinking about asking to be trained in the Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror. I figure that at least I could play a role and truly enjoy it. I've been musing on this for a while now, but I figure I'll go ahead and throw it out there. Why is it, that when it's raining, people don't just go sit in a cafe and wait or hang out in a lobby? Why the hell do they want to sit in the rain to watch a show? And why in the heck do people show up at 4:30 and after if that is the time the show is supposed to start? Why is it they can't arrive a little bit early. Surely, one would know that if a show has started that they wouldn't be allowed in to watch the ending- and why the heck would you? You would have missed what the show is all about. I swear...and yet, I want to do a professional internship. I made a resume the other night with Steph and I have to say that it is actually quite impressive...to me at least. And those of you who know me, will be delighted to know that tomorrow I will call and test for my Japanese Language pin. I hope I pass. I got to drive the pargo today and finally realized that since I don't have my car, I am having vehicle withdrawals. Maybe I'll ask Steph to let me drive her car to work some time. She said I could, but it's not my car. You know that song "Cars"? 'Here in my car, I'm the safest of all..." I love that song. Sometimes I sing it to myself to see what reactions I get from the guests...since there are cars in my attraction. Did I already tell you guys I made it to work a couple of days ago with only like 2 minutes to spare, and that I ran across 2 parking lots and the backstage area to get to my attraction? Yea it was awesome. I was thinking of everyone at the Disney Store the other day, I hope they're all well. I wanted to call them, but I'm sure they're busy and I don't want to make any new people in awe of me. You know, because I'm kind of like a celebrity there, lol I'm just kidding. Work's getting more tolerable and I think I sort of like everyone okay. I actually have to compete with some of the girls I work with because they're manager's pets. They're really nice girls, but I dunno. I just think it's silly to try to talk over them. My roommates and the people we know think I'm funny, so that's all that matters to me. And the guests think I'm pretty funny too, when they're not being tourists. I think maybe I'll call Cory sometime this week so I can see his puppies again. It's weird not having a little furry person running around the house greeting you...and it's lonely not having a pet around either, ^__^. I'm so pumped up about Halloween though. Speaking of which, I finally deleted the footage and will instead take some pictures to put in this blog. Blogs are nothing without photos!!! I'll even take a picture of the outrageously priced Publix that we get our groceries from when we're too tired to make it to Wal-Mart. ...Did I ever mention that they still have Winn-Dixie down here? Well they do. I haven't seen one...but they do. Oh yea, I'm through trying to figure out this magnetism thing I have. Whenever I was off last, we went to Magic Kingdom (same day the tram died) and I decided I wanted to see the Country Bear Jamboree because I've never seen it. Well, we settled in and as I'm watching the show, I feel these two little arms wrap around mine and this little head resting on my arm. I look down at this little boy and he's just smiling away and giggling at the show. A few times I gave his grandmother this "What's your kid doing?" look and she just smiled at me too. Then later on, there was this one little girl who insisted on talking to me and telling me all about her day. I asked Steph if I have this weird castmember phermone that I give off and she said that she wasn't sure exactly what it was, but that kids can sort of sense something about me. So I said "great, my ass is a magnet and I must look like a teddy bear, so that means I'm fat and fuzzy." I give up. As long as I can make other people happy though, I guess it's all good. I was telling my mom about the kids grabbing my ass and stuff and she said it was funny and I said, "No thank you ma'am, I want none of that." Okay guys...I need to get serious and study for a little while tonight. Wish me luck on getting my pin! G'night guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots of luck for your test. I will never forget the day standing at the box office with you and you just whip out the different language. You will do great!

Lisa