need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Clearly people check their brains in at the gate...

Okay, so today I was a trooper. I woke up with my pillow stuck to my face and absolutely no voice, but I rode that bus to work with my nose running and head held high...mostly because it sort of cleared my nose. My position for the first show was house left and I had to redirect traffic and such and yell at people to move all the way over to their right. Weeeeeeell, when the powers that be told me to finally start letting people go up the stairwell closest to where they come up a gentleman said to me, "Why didn't you just let me do that in the first place?!" I looked at him because he was supposed to have gone to the second stairwell where I told him that the best seats are anyway, but instead spouted back, "Well sir, I do as I'm told and nothing more. Unfortunately, I am one person and the second stairwell would have led you to better seats." I would have coughed on him but he had a baby in his arms and we know I love kids, so he was lucky. ...What is that with people bringing their newborns to a theme park in the sweltering heat!? I mean, they don't wanna be out in the heat, can you imagine being a foot freaking long, bundled up in velour blankets and one piece!? Well the fun didn't end there during that first show. As the show was about half through, a family of three was trying to leave. They asked where the restrooms were and I told them. I turned my back for one second and when I turn back to look down the stairs where they were headed, I notice dad standing behind his son, holding him, and the little boy was just peeing away. I was in such a state of shock at how...bold and trashy that was I couldn't respond or yell at them. The fact that the backlot tour was going by made me have a little respect for dad and mom's stupidity. Good job parenting! At least I'm sure that that made a wonderful souvenir photo. So anyway, as I was in my merge position for the second show, I meet the coolest people ever! I'm standing there trying to look important and sort out the wheelchair parties from people trying to sneak in with them, when this family comes up and states that they have found Kendra. I was kind of like, "Why hello?" And then their daughter tells me (it was cool because she sounded so official), "My aunt Colleen says to say 'hello.'" Or something to that effect. Colleen's family sought me out with a message from "Coreen" herself and it was pretty cool. I didn't get to really tell them how much that made my day, but it did! If I had had the time I would have talked to them more and maybe tried to find out how they liked the show, but my head was swimming in decongestants. So hello to Colleen's awesome nieces and their parents (because it sounds weird if I say sister and brother, ya know?)!! I would actually tell you guys about some of the stupid things some people say to me, but now I'm paranoid they might find this blog and report me or something...yea they're pretty lame people like that. ...Know what? Forget them, I'll tell you anyway. There's a couple of people I work with are constantly on me about this or that. Now don't get me wrong they're really nice people, but my goodness, if I need their help I'll ask for it. The other day I had to do a checklist and she asked outloud who had checked things off and I told her I did. Well, she informed me that I needed to make a clear check mark. ...A clear check mark...IT'S A FREAKING CHECK MARK! As long as there is something there and as long as I signed my name, what does it matter!? If the supers have a problem with my check mark, they can come tell me myself so I learn from my erroneous ways. And like I said, they're really nice people, but they're way overly nice and that's just annoying...like Sandra D annoying. It's aggravating when people constantly give you little hints or tips without asking you if you mind to learn a new tip or two. The worst part is, there aren't any new college program kids coming to work in my area! So there won't be any newbies to take my place on the "let's give Kendra continuously unwanted and very much un-needed advice" totem pole of doom. Oh well. So anyways, I want to take a cheesy moment to thank all of you for taking time to give me brief control of your minds. Muwahahaha, that and reading what I'm actually spewing out my mind and from my daily adventures. And here's a special treat for you all! After work, me Steph and Courtney went to this place called Old Town. Yea it was ghetto, but anyways, I will now give it to you in story form!
Freshly dressed in clean clothes, our heroine sits the air conditioned backseat of a '99 Malibu. The cloth seats are soft and comfy and she goes on about her day to her roomies. Our mighty heroine retells the days adventure of seeing a young boy just hanging out and peeing at her attraction and the totally cool family of the super kind Coreen. The champagne colored car sped towards its destination...Old Town. Our heroines know not what's in store for them. As they near this place of eclectic stores with the charm of Venice Beach, Kendra notices how shady the area looks. "Oh look, run down crack hotels...wondeful." Yes our heroines were risking their lives for Disney pins. Wonderful little treasures sold in a dinky shop for 4 for $20. Who knew. As they park behind a faded old building listing random hardcore rockbands and egg rolls for $.99, Courtney beamed with excitement. Piling out of the car, our trio walks the faded painted pavement and past the creepy closed wax museum. "What's with the creepy serial killer music?" the uber cool Kendra asks. Courtney happily informed our great heroine that the music was coming from the haunted house wax museum. "Great," Kendra thought. Nearing their goal, the girls noticed the place had a weird smell. Little did they know that their journey for cheap pins would turn into an hour misadventure. The kindly store owner kept talking and talking and talking, calling the girls princess' and what not. Yes what an adventure, at least the girls made friends with a lonely store clerk in the middle of a run down cracked out amusement type place. Yes indeed. Thankfully they did score their 4 pins for $20, and eventually went on to eat at an Applebees and have an equally nice but overly energetic waitress who kept referring to them as beautiful ladies. If all else failed, they at least had their egos boosted in a series of odd and awkward situations!
Yea...that's about it for tonight. Oh, interesting tidbit: My uniform was originally the uniform for Who wants to be a Millionaire. How about that? You guys learned something new! Alrighty then, I need to get some sleep and what not, but first I must pack my lunch for tomorrow. So good night my fellow adventurers!

No comments: