need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Creepy people

Today was a fairly nice day. I went to work and only had to work the first show, because I got to go to this welcome thingie where all I remember is that I got free pizza and a prize. It was a 2 hour meeting to just basically sit down and listen to managers talk about stuff. When we left, it had started raining and luckily one of the girls I was with still had her radio and we got to ride in the pargo and not get wet. Awesomeness. Then the second show got cancelled due to the horrible lightning in the area. Unfortunately, I was off at 6pm and everyone else got to leave earlier than that. As I was waiting in the break room to clock out, one of the custodial people (we call 'em show keepers) was in the room. I've seen him around and he's partially handicap (I think) but he's really creepy. He kept following me around and I tried to be polite and talk to him, but he was literally breathing in my face and it was horrible. I don't like feeling that way because I love people with special needs because besides children and animals, they're the only ones that remind me that there is purity in this world. BUT he's so creepy! Then there's this other creepy guy who has nothing wrong him mentally, but he's just weird. He reminds me of the guy in those "don't talk to stranger videos" and everyone's warned me to not let him borrow money. I was like, "PLEASE...like I have money to lend." Creepiness. I had an adventure this morning at about 11pm-3am. Our neighbor became ill and it was hell trying to get to her to the hospital, and after finally listening to reason we called an alpha unit to come get her. Alpha unit is the actual name that EMS/ambulance is actually supposed to be referred to. Then we get to the hospital and I went on an adventure just trying to buy soda. This was the same hospital I had to go to when I got sick on my first program, only this time it was a little nicer because there wasn't any construction. But I digress. I was going to buy some soda and asked if there was an ATM nearby and the girl informed me that there was a freaking ATM in the hospital! So Heather and I ventured forth into this empty, creepy hospital and finally find the ATM and I have to pay a $1.50 to get 10 bucks out. Then I try the change machine and it doesn't work. SO then a security guards ambles over to us to try and look important and I asked him if he had change for a $10. He tells us to go to an office near a pharmacy, so me and Heather go back the way we came to try and find the office. Finally, we make it and the lady has to call someone to get us some change, he then informs us that he can't use somebody else's drawer. I looked at him and asked if he had change, and finally he just opened it and gave it to me. Running back to the vending area we had just come from, I put a $1 in to get Steph a Pepsi. THE MACHINE ATE MY DOLLAR!!!!! So then I manage to get 2 Dr. Pepper's without the machine eating my money. Heather just wanted a Twix bar and the freaking machine was broken. Giving up, we defeatedly walk back to the waiting room for the ER and find ourselves locked in the main lobby. Looking around, we find a security guard to let us out, or in depending on how you look at it, into the ER waiting room. Thankfully the neighbor's okay. Anyways, I can't think of much else to talk about except...well nothing actually. So, I'll let you guys go for tonight. Talk to you guys later!

No comments: