need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sleepy, sleepy, sleeeeeeepy

I have come home the past couple of nights just exhausted. Today, I was off and me and Steph went running around to get some stuff done. We went and got groceries, and then at about 4pm I passed out from being so tired. Now then, the new things in my life are: we got a new couch, now have a hitchhiking ghost, and - drum roll please...I am going to be cross trained at the Backlot Tour! I'll hopefully be trained to do the Watertank portion of the attraction where I pretend to be a director and so on, and select volunteers and such. It'll be sweet. As for the hitchhiking ghost, I am now the proud owner of Ezra, the tall skinny one, from the Haunted Mansion. He was originally $130, but ladies and gents, he is now mine mine mine for the mere price of only $30. Yay for damaged goods. His wrist is broken, but it's not incredibly noticeable...and I'm not sure his lighting works, but hey! I got an awesome bargain. Finally, I broke down and we went to eat at Cracker Barrel, because we needed to faux home cooking. Not much has really happened the past couple of days, so you guys haven't missed much. Yesterday was cool though, because I always help the elderly guests to their seats, and this one lady (I overheard her) said that I was so nice. It felt great, and I got two Guest Service cards! One was for helping the guests and the other was for picking up some wet paint signs off stage. I'm a super cast member and people are finally starting to see it...I think. My manager told me that her and the other managers told me that I was doing great and I get to be trained at Backlot Tour instead of the other CP's. The other kids on the college program are all cross-trained in Honey, I shrunk the kids Movie playset adventure, but not me! Hahahahahahaha. Every muscle in my body is really sore today. I have lost a lot of weight and am feeling pretty good about myself right now. Running up and down bleacher steps and sweating a lot and walking tons has been good for me. Tomorrow, we may go to Animal Kingdom and then to MGM to play. We haven't been in a while, and I really want to go. Plus, I want to see the Backlot Tour, because I've only seen it once, but remember the water tank the most. Hopefully, I'll be able to get extra hours there. My roomies and this guy version of me have all told me that I will be really good at the Water Tank. We got two new CP's at my attraction and they're really sweet. The poor kids though, they're so exhausted by the time their breaks come. I know they go home and sleep well. Both of them are girls and they're both from China. It's weird, but being here I have come to really like the Chinese kids more than the Japanese. All the Japanese guys are quiet and keep to themselves and the girls tend to clique together and just be nasty little people. But the Chinese kids...they're all so kind and just thankful to be here that it almost breaks my heart and makes me feel horrible for the way I sometimes feel about my country. And I swear to you, every Chinese kid will smile at you if you even look their way, the Japanese kids just look at you and move on. It's weird how the world sort of smacks you and makes you realize things as they are. I'm so sad about failing the Japanese test, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's okay. I don't need the pin and I've tried studying (half-heartedly) it, but I know that my purpose will eventually be shown to me in the future. For the mean time, I can only hope that the Chinese kids make it through their programs. The two kids being trained at LMA are slowly learning, but I think the trainers sometimes forget that they are in a foreign country and using a language that is second to them. But I know the kids will get it. I've also come to realize that they are farther from home than any of the American kids, and are in a foreign country and using a language that is not their native tongue. I have a lot of respect for them. ...I'm really racking my brains for things to tell you guys, because I've been kicking myself for not posting the past couple of nights. And I'm sorry about the last post because for a moment I forgot myself in my own sorrow and frustration. ...But now I have a Haunted Mansion ghost hanging out near my bathroom! So ha! Billy will be so jealous, lol. I'll post a couple of pictures of him here. I will now take some advil and try to chill out for tonight. More than likely, I'll be going to the Food & Wine festival at some point, unfortunately, I will not be drinking around the world, as there will be enough drunkards to fill the moon. Lastly, have a wonderful evening guys. I shall babble to you all later. G'night!


Ezra likes to let you know that the bathroom is that a way.


We're all thumbs here. Hats off to you guys!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oooh we so wanted those hitchhiking ghosts when we were there! I saw that DisneyShopping.com is also selling them and since we get our discount there again, we can get them for about $90 a piece. Still not as awesome as $30 though!!!

While we were down there, we were coming across so many CPers from foreign countries and I kept thinking about the fact that it's difficult enough to be pulled into another state starting from scratch, I can't imagine another country!! I give them so much credit!