need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yeah, can you tell me when Fantastic is?

So I love guests, but at the same time they drive me completely and utterly insane. It's amazing the lack of respect they have for others and other people's property. If you haven't figured it out yet, I worked strollers yet again. While waiting for the sow to start and before we let people in though, I talk to the guests because I love them anyway. One of my favorite questions besides "When's the 3 o'clock parade?" is "What time is Fantastic(Fantasmo, etc anyhting besides the actual show name)?" Tonight I got to go see it and it made my day. I had a bit of a horrible day during the second show. I completely lost it and started crying, and the nice British girl I work with helped calm me down. I just pretended Mary Poppins was comforting me. I was originally working strollers and they moved me to VIP where I have to seat wheelchairs and people are almost worse driving them. I swear like when you're waiting for them to come out the elevator they have the ECV on turtle. When they drive it normally and run into people, things, small animals and children, they have the thing on rabbit. It makes no sense, so like I'm waiting for 5 minutes for people to back out of the elevator so I can park them into their spots where wheelchairs are. I'm like, "God I hope you're not allowed to operate a vehicle or heavy machinery..." But anyway, after I got my people parked I suddenly had to help pack people in and direct them up the stairs and for some reason I just got kind of overwhelmed. I don't feel like anyone in my area really likes me and it sucked because the manager kept calling me "Kendall." So I held together after the show was over and broke down when me and the other girl were going to clean the stadium. It's really weird coming from a job where I loved everyone I worked with and actually knew they liked me, even if it was just a little bit, to a job where I'm so insecure and unsure of myself. I'm sure the excessive heat, sweating and getting sunburned is part of it, but hopefully I'll fit in soon. I am trying really hard. The good thing is that me and Stephanie have made really good friends with our two roommates and the girl across the hall. I'll have to post pictures of them later. Tomorrow is my first day off and I'm going to Epcot. I'll make sure to get pictures of myself with the characters or something. You know...I actually wasn't going to post anything tonight, but I talked to my sister and remembered that there are some of you guys I don't get to talk to all the time so this is just about the link for us to be able to communicate. I was terribly homesick, but it's slowly going away whenever I think of the magic I can create for others in such a magical place. I really do wish the ever lovable Coreen, SuperFantabulous Sherry, Uncle Kevin, and all the gang at the Disney Store could come work with me. Well, I need to shower and get ready for a big day tomorrow! I'm going to play all day in the park! G'night guys!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know Kendra... I have never found anyplace I worked as much as Disney Store. Even after coming coming back 10 years later, it was still the best place to work.
Glad to hear you are doing good!
Have a magical day!

Kate said...

At least one person is comming to sort of work with you! I'll have to stop by once I get settled a bit. I know I'll be homesick. lol