need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, August 30, 2007

To the jungles of Africa, Asia, and so on!

Yesterday we went to the Animal Kingdom and let me tell you...that truly was an adventure. We had to ride a tram allllllll the way to the entrance of the park, then hoof it to Dinosaur. I love that ride because it's scary and totally awesome! We rode it twice, rode Mt. Everest, did the Primeval Whirl (it's like one of those rides at the state fair), It's tough to be a bug, and the Nemo Musical. At some point we met up with Heather (Courtney's roomie) and her friend and it stormed at some point...but that's not all. The true adventure was when we were waiting for It's tough to be a bug and suddenly I feel someone pinch my butt. Alarmed and confused I whirl around to see no one standing there, but someone still clinging to the butt of my jeans. When I look down and there's a three-year old little girl just grinning up at me. I was like "Why hello there! Aren't you friendly?" Her mom was mortified and kept apologizing, but it was kind of funny once you get past the fact a three-year old molested me. I told her mom to watch out for her because she might be a partier when she gets older. As the show ended there's a part when Flik asks you to let the bugs leave first and suddenly again, my butt is molested by the seats in the theater (it was supposed to simulate bugs crawling under your seat, but I thought the bugs were supposed to go under your feet). So then we're waiting for Dinosaur (our second go 'round) and suddenly again I feel my butt being palmed by someone. Remembering last time (which was like 10min ago) I looked down to see a little boy playing with my backpack and just hanging out. I again said hi to the child and he then became shy and fled back to his parents who just kind of looked at me. I wanted to say, "I assure you ma'am, I have no interest in your little boy touching my butt....I'd watch him if I were you." Eventually, after making it home and keeping my butt hidden behind my backpack, my butt had to bump Courtney's car door closed and we all agreed that my butt had had lots of action this day. When we got home we all joked about how they had got their quality 'Kendra time.' It's funny because I realized that I'm kind of like the center of the universe here (or more accurately, my magnetism lol), because I've hung out with all of them, but none of them have really got to hang out with each other. Like, Stephanie and Courtney work together so they see each other all the time, but neither of them really get to talk to Heather. I get to talk to Heather because she comes home after me and then she goes to her boyfriends apartment and then Steph and Courtney come home, so I talk to Courtney for a while. It's an odd confusing sort of web. I'm just glad that we all get along with each other and respect one another. Plus, my hours at work are awesome!! noon to 6pm pretty much everyday. It rocks. Well I guess me and Steph and Courtney are going to hang out together and watch movies today so I'll leave you all with some pictures from yesterday.

From left to right: Heather and Courtney

Being eaten by a t-rex...

Oh noes! A Carnotaurus!

Hmm...yea. Our friend across the hall, Andrea, is friends with Stanley!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey Kendra.....I need to send you an email to update you some information.....Christeen really loved the photo of you and Stanley. She said "Why is he waving". Then she went back to her play kitchen to fix crab "racoon" for dinner. Thought you would enjoy that.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Kendra! I can not wait to read your blog. No pressure or anything but Keep it up PLEASE! They are a great read.