need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

SIR! To the right please!

OMG. I learned the last of my positions today. In total, there are over 10 different positions I'll be working and that's just for this one attraction. Today I seated people and directed them to fill seats and stay away from the reserved seats. I'm chaffing really bad because my costume pants are ridiculously bad. I met more of my fellow co-workers and two of them are from England and I finally realized just how much I love British accents. I can barely understand them on the walkie-talkie, but it's cool. My job is pretty stressful and today I was smart and got a hat. Unfortunately, the costuming people are not as friendly as I remember them and I had to argue with the lady to get a hat and by the time she gave me a hat, I just didn't care. So I've got a super dorky white hat. I'm sure as soon as I get some correct fitting pants, I'll be good. I also finally got to see my show and it is mind-blowing! I totally loved all the stunts. There's action, explosions and humor! Today the hero motorcyclist's bike flipped over into the water (it's not supposed to), but she was more believable than the other male stunt drivers. My sunburn isn't as noticable as it was yesterday. I'll be caking myself in sun block. It's amazing how rude and pushy people can be in the heat, but I like to think I made a couple of people happy. I even had a lovely elderly couple thank me for being nice! I totally love when guests use my name-only when they're happy though. Well, there's not much else I can think of to tell you all except "WHOOOOOO!" I did that all day with the guests trying to get them excited, it was fun. Pretty soon I'll need to test for my Japanese language pin, but after I brush up on it. Okay, I need to be getting in bed. So good night guys!

...OH...almost forgot. We have a mockingbird in a tree near my attraction that attacks everyone. Today it swooped me twice! I actually ran from it, but no one else was around, hehehehe. I was walking and looking down at my shadow when I noticed this bird shadow flying directly for my shadow and I ducked down just in time. Then I began to walk a little more swiftly and looked back down to see it coming again for a second time, so I ducked and then promptly fled. I hope it doesn't attack any guests. Okay, seriously, I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ok seriously girl....BODY GLIDE. That stuff is anti-chaffing GOD. They have their own website so you can see where they sell it by you. It's just wonderful, I use it every time I'm down at Disney or wearing clothes that have a tendency to rub me the wrong way (LOL).

I always get weirded out when people use my name. I'm all "how the heck did you know?!" ...until my brilliant self remembers that I'm wearing a name tag....