need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Friday, November 16, 2007

I hate my life...officially.

So...Guess what? I got gall stones! Whee! I get to have surgery, and get my entire gall bladder ripped from my abdomen. Fun. I'm now completely, utterly, and insanely depressed. BUT...everyone is all like, "Oh it's a simple surgery! Nothing to worry about! blah blah blah." First of all, great that you can say such things being that it not you who will be having your innards sucked out through a straw. Secondly, I've never had major surgery except when my wisdom teeth were pulled out, so I am a little wary of it. Thirdly, people die everyday on operating tables for even the most easiest and routine surgery. Fourth and foremost, er forelast?, I will be out of work! I can't work, I have to stay in bed and I miss out on working. Now then, can anyone understand at all why I am more than a little upset at my current predicament? Steph tried cheering me up...she said that I could at least write another story or a possible sequel. Maybe even a series. Everything is a trilogy or series nowadays, ya know? Serials are okay, but not if they get to be too much. I feel like my life is a weekly serial. There are cliffhangers and suspense...more dark comedy than anything, but hey, everyone likes morbidness despite their reluctance to admit it. I can most surely find humor in my current situation, but for once in my life, it bothers me to do so. I guess I'm wanting the pity card for a bit, because I'm never on the receiving end of it... Hell, who cares? I'm going to have an organ removed, a piece of me that has been there since birth (I think). In a way it's almost as if part of my spirit is being taken away... 'Kay, I tried making it sound semi-romantic, but I'm not feeling it. More importantly to me than anything though is...Can I keep it in a jar? Stones and all? Later guys.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm assuming you're having a laparoscopy? I had one of those in November 2005. My anxiousness about the surgery was much worse than the surgery itself! And the recovery wasn't very fun either because they put in gas in your to keep the organs pushed back...but then guess what? They close you up before that gas leaves. So it got trapped in my shoulders and that was killer. My mom had her gall bladder removed in the spring of 2006 and she said her experience with recovery was much better...felt a little discomfort with the gas, but not the pain like I had.

I've heard all kinds of stuff like "eat broth and soft foods after surgery." HA! On the way home from surgery I demanded french fries. The next day I wanted a burrito from QDoba. Shoot, I basically starved during the time leading up to surgery and all they gave me was flippin IV bags (oh, the IV was probably the worst part of the surgery itself for me...my arm hurt from it), yeah and they think I'm gonna be satisfied with broth. Stupid people. My only happiness was that the doctor told me I had a good belly button for the surgery...so you can't really tell that there's a scar. Bless my belly button!! I'm not sure where the scar is on my mom for her surgery since my lap was for endometriosis.

When is your surgery?

Kendra said...

am going to see a surgeon on Monday and have to eat freaking bland food (you better believe I ate me some vegetable fried rice because I won't be allowed any starting tomorrow). So my surgery is sort of up in the air, which I think is making it so nerve wracking for me, ya know? I don't mind having scars, because scars are awesome and I can always make up an amazing story to make myself feel better about it, lol. I usually tend to heal pretty fast...I was eating solid foods the same day after my widsom teeth were taken out! So I may do what you did and demand me some french fries! ...Then again I could pull the pity card on my mom and sister. Muwahahahaha.