need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Friday, October 5, 2007

Umbrellers, Pooh, and dust bins

So last night, Stephanie and Courtney and Jason and I went to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party...it was not at all what I expected and hoped for it to be. It was actually pretty crappy. The cast members were rude, they gave you two pieces of candy, there weren't hardly any character sightings and the Headless Horseman walked his horse through Main Street. Seriously, it was not worth the $30 some odd dollars we paid to go. The worst part is, we saw our friend and he tried avoiding us...I had just told him earlier on the phone that we were going. So that was super lame. It was just a crappy night and made me lose faith in people a little more. The fun thing was that we all dressed up. I was a ninja and everyone else was a pirate. Jason actually sort of looked cool as a pirate and he kept calling himself "captain." I wore my "Are you a ninja or a pirate?" shirt because I thought it would be funny. Then today, we took a girl I work with to Magic Kingdom and it rained the whole day. She's Chinese and it was lots of fun. She told us about how in China her mom told her that she was found in a dust bin, so her mom took her home and said she found her sister in another bin later on. We were comparing stories about how in America we are told the stork brings us. She was also the only one smart enough to bring an umbrella, which she kept calling an 'umbreller' and it was the most awesomest thing ever. We also asked about the obsession that many Asian girls seem to have with Winnie the Pooh. It was fun. She had never been to Magic Kingdom so we took her on Pirates, The Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and the Peter Pan ride. Before we went to the park, we took her to property control and she thought it was cool. At the end of tonight, she gave us some chicken she cooked in Coca-Cola. It was actually pretty good. All in all, it's been an odd past couple of days. Steph is going to be awesome enough to do laundry tomorrow, I hope. I'll post some pictures of my adventures yesterday and the chicken. Be prepared.
So these are not in order, but the hands with the broom are from Goofy's float at the end of the parade...it cleaned and entertained! The villains were fun.
There was this one float with the skeleton band that proceeded the Villains. They were pretty cool. The guy on the ball was cool too because he had a pumpkin head...literally. We had a ball. lol, okay enough of the bad puns.


Like I said earlier, a lot of this is out of order. The Tick-Tock float was near the beginning of the parade. I don't remember where Pain and Panic were, but they were cool.


On to my favorite part! The Haunted Mansion float! The graveyard groundsman and his dog were there. Of course the dog wasn't emancipated because PETA got mad, lol just kidding. This is the before picture, lol again just kidding...seriously re-ride the mansion and you might get that joke. I couldn't get good pics of the butlers with the shovels, but I managed to get these good pics of the dancing zombies!

The Float was cool too because the three hitchhiking ghosts were hanging out and dancing on it. I totally loved the dancers.

This is the Pirates float, it actually came before the Haunted Mansion one... Barbossa was awesome. He actually came over to talk to Steph and I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to blind him. He was really cool. Jack in the middle picture and was up on top of the float.


Cruella, thought it would be funny to make a mock karate yell while we posed together. She told one little girl she looked like sushi (the little girl was Ariel). On stage there was a thing with the villains singing and dancing. Afterwards, they came down. Steph was a pirate and I was a ninja with my shirt that says "Are you a ninja or a pirate?" I was the only ninja in my group. Everyone else dressed as pirates. I'll try to get a picture of us all.

Me being a ninja with Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I tried taking another picture of the castle because it looked pretty cool. Instead I got a picture of this dude while trying to take a picture of the freaking castle, thanks guy.
So this is the chicken and it was not going anywhere...but it was actually really good. Yes I was really holding it above my head without the plastic wrap. ...Do the astronauts know about this creation?
Okay, so that's it for today's adventure. G'night guys.


5 comments:

Mary said...

We went to the party on 9/14 and it rained almost the entire night and just about everything was cancelled except for very delayed fireworks and an only "half in operation" one time showing of the parade. Apparently lots of people have been getting refunds or other compensation, so far we have received neither. I emailed Guest Relations on the 21st, have yet to hear back from them. :\

We went to MNSSHP last year and it was awesome! Decorations last year were also much better. T his year it seemed more like simply fall decorations, last year it was definitely a Halloween feel to it. I did hear they FINALLY started selling a CD with the music on it (and music from the Pirate & Princess Party), and that they only sell it during the parties, but of course, they didn't start selling it until like a week or so ago, so we couldn't even get that. :(

Good for you for dressing up! I love costumes! We went as Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable (Wes even had a little Rufus).

Kendra said...

DUDE! I bet that was awesome- I mean about you and Wes dressing up as Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable. I wanna see pics! lol. Yea, I didn't put in the part about me asking a manager if they sold the music from the parade and stuff and he says, "No we do not. But you can get it off the internet, but you didn't hear that from me." 3 hours later I go to buy a couple of Cokes from a shop on Main Street and BAM! There's a cd for sale with everything on it. I should have reported his dumb ass, but instead it was sort of funny. Which is why I am going to be a manager to fix that problem of stupid managers. Try calling guest relations again or something. I'll even say something to a friend I have who works in Guest Relations. Okay, this was a long comment. I hafta go to work now! ^__^

Kate said...

Yea they just started selling the cd. It is available every day. Well at least it was still for sale this morning when I was at work. So you were in my park twice and didn't come say hi to me? thanks!! lol. From a working standpoint I like the party. I'm working with a guy I like, the parade is cute, and the fireworks are WAY better than wishes.

Kendra said...

Kaaaate, we tried finding you in the shops and you weren't there! Aaaaand, I thought you had a boyfriend? Don't tell me you've turned into one of the crazy wild girls that all seem to inhabit this crazy place! What would everyone at the Disney Store think? lol.

Mary said...

Kate, we tried finding you there and didn't see you. :( We also tried to find Steph but couldn't find her either. The gods were in Kendra's favor. lol

I tried calling the merchandise number for WDW and I was told that we could only get it during the party itself...they wouldn't take orders over the phone. Just as well, the shipping prices are crazy.

Here's a pic of us at MNSSHP...wet from the rain. I'm unsure if image tags work on here, so I'll just post the link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mking624/mnsshp.jpg