need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Night of the dead

YAY~! It's the eve of all spirits and ghouls! Demons and ghosts, zombies and children frolicking in costumes to hide among the goblins and monsters that creep in the night. At least that's what Halloween used to be. Now it's lame because people are sick. Kids are taken to Zoo's and theme parks across the country to avoid the pedophiles and general creepy neighbors that lurk in their 'hood. Then again, maybe people of this generation are more over protective of their kids than my parents were. After all, me and my motley crew were wandering around the neighborhood trying to get as much candy as we could, taking extra masks and such. Nowadays, people keep their kids on leashes and don't let them more than a foot away from them. It's kind of funny though, because any other time they let their children flee freely around stores and theme parks any other time. It's sort of...not so much ironic as a clear example of human stupidity. Masses feed into this idea of terribleness and horror and it's like we're building bunkers to protect us from the commies again. Does any of that make sense? Weeeeeell, anyway, Halloween is my favoritest day of the year! I love the creepiness that surrounds this day. In Japan, October is known as the "godless month." All the gods sort of go on a vacation and the mortals are left to fend for themselves. I think maybe I'm a little more darker than I think sometimes, because I just love the idea of Halloween. Unfortunately, I will not be going to any parties or anything because there aren't any here that I wanna go to. And of course it sucks that there's no big bag of candy in a bowl in our living room to pass out to children smiling happily and yelling "Trick or treat!" Actually, it really sucks because I can't mooch off the candy as the night wears on. Maybe I should go rent some creepy scary movies or something. I guess I could rewatch my zombie movies. Or I could just watch tv, because there's a horror movie on every channel...I even saw some on Oxygen and even Lifetime! Lifetime of all channels! Right now, we're (me and my sidekick, Steph) are burning cds for her Christmas Cantata...go figure. We're also watching a rerun on the history channel about Vampires. Steph likes vampires, but I argue that they're just zombies that aren't rotting and drink blood, instead of ripping and tearing flesh and sinew from the human body. Hehehe, sorry if I'm being morbid. Okay, I'm now going to humor myself with some good ol' blood and gore. Hope your Halloween night is mystical and fantastical. G'night guys!

No comments: