need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quiet time...

Okay, sorry for the delay in posting, and be forewarned this may be a lengthy one. Sorting your priorities and life is more difficult than one could ever imagine. I'm happy to have finally resumed work at the Disney Store. At least I can kind of stay busy. The family is okay and I'm here now, so there's nothing to do to change that. I just hope I can get rid of this Dark self that has seemed to have formed... Eh, it'll work out, because it always does for me! So anyways, about my trip home. It rained the whole way and I mostly read the map or the ever entertaining billboards along the roads. I tell you, one sign would tell about Asian spas, then the next was something or the other about an adult store with a strip club or one or the other, and finally after those two signs welcoming truckers was another sign telling about the love of Jesus! Then...right after Jesus/bible/religious/Christian signs, there are signs telling you to not have abortion, but not directly and in more of a "life starts at 18 weeks" stuff. It was like a chronological tale of debauchery. It all starts with the "friendly Asian staff" at a spa, and after being pampered, you go get yourself some entertainment in the form of books and if that's not enough, you slip over to the strip club to watch a 40 year-old lady working her money maker or all that's left of it. Finally, after your excursion to the Champagne Room, you find Jesus and stop your stripper lady friend named Roberta "Mercedes" Jimmybob from having an abortion. I just laid out the next plot for a feel-good love comedy. For an instant, I almost wanted to be a trucker just so I could ask other truckers if they ever stop at any of those places to take a shower. I think at one point I felt a burning sensation from just reading the damned signs. The best signs I saw were the ones here in the good ole state o' Kentucky! There was these black signs with big capital white letters and religious stuff on them, but the one that struck me the most was one that said "HELL IS HERE" or maybe it was "HELL HERE." But it was so odd because the first letter of HELL was in red. And right across this sign was a "pleasure center." It was just so weird, like the time I went to Gatlinburg and there was a giant cross next to another adult store place. Sex and religion...eternal enemies, lol. The gas stations were the best though. This one gas station smelled like bleach and cleaning chemicals. We stopped because I had to go to the bathroom and I walk in and notice a wrench just sitting on the sink and I walk over to the creepy foreign guy and asked about the bathroom. He snapped at me and said he wasn't done with it, then he sort of calmed down and realized he was being suspicious and said I could use it. I said "F**k that" and ran back out to the car to hold it until the next stop. It was very creepy. Then we stopped at a Flying J and let me tell you, that place made me want to be a trucker, only because they had a video game arcade and I was hurting for some video games, but some weird guy sort of followed us and we left. So needless to say it was a twisted adventure and one I would not like to do again...okay that's a lie, because it would have been more fun if it had been under different circumstances. But talking about it has made me feel a bit better. Work was weird last night though because they have radios now and I was wanting to say some of the stuff I did at LMA (Lights, Motors, Action). I'll have to train them in the use of nifty radio code. Because if we have a signal 25, then we can say so instead of saying, "omigod fire!" due to the fact that people are more apt to panic at the mention of a fire. So if it's flaming, it's a signal 25. OH! We could use that for flaming gay guys or something too, that would be funny. My legs are killing me from work and I guess I never really realized just how hard the job is on my knees. You would think with me running up and down bleachers I would be fine, but I'm using extra muscles or something...I dunno. Everyone at work was happy to have me back and I guess I'm happy to be around people who get my humor even if they really don't because they actually listen to me. So it's cool. I need to really keep up with this blog because you never know, maybe someone will read it and I will get noticed and famous and junk. I don't think I'm that good of a writer but people are always telling me so, to which I usually tell them, "hehehe, yea you're on crack!" Good times. I just hope I can adjust to having to deal with East Enders again...rich people ya know. I have to wonder about them, at least they leave their kids in the store and not attached to a stroller where there's thousands of strangers. In other words, I am still a baby sitter, dealing with the public and I do it all while making $.02 less than I did at WDW! Haha! Well, I'm sure that I've rambled enough for today, but I'm sure I'll have something humorous for you all again, and very soon. After all, as long as there are people/guests/general public/masses, I will be entertained. ...And to tell you the truth, I do feel more secure in the mall, because I have more access to weapons in case zombies attack. 'Kay, later guys!

No comments: