need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Quite literally. Me and Steph visibly watched the neighborhood's value depreciate...triple fold. Here we are, silly little white girls, driving home with food for everyone, waiting to turn onto my street, and BAM! Gunshots, a white SUV hit in the passenger side and a forest green car turning around. Don't know what the f**k happened, but the next thing I know, a gold truck pulls up and out hop two undercover cops. Stephanie is sitting there freaking out, I'm thinking "Great they might exchange fire" so I calmly tell Steph to go. As soon as the words leave my mouth we see the drawn guns of the cops and the driver suspect dude with his hands up and head shaking. I think it seriously disturbed Steph as she is from a much better part of town. It more or less just pissed me off. I mean, I'm not like from the streets or anything, but I've seen some shit in my 23 years and my neighborhood isn't a place you walk around at night by yourself...or unarmed. It's hard to really look at this neighborhood and not blame it on the white trash and people who are not the original old white people that lived here, without sounding racist. I hate stereotypes, but how do you help people who have people of their race constantly enforcing the stereotype? Like white people from the east end being stuck up assholes or the people from the south end being redneck and trashy. Or even black people from the west end being all bad. I know that not everyone fits these stereotypes, but they come from somewhere. Honestly, I think it's all the stupid idiots I used to hang out with (white kids who think they're from the 'hood) being morons in adulthood. The whole accident was possibly a sting, a drug deal gone wrong, or even the cops knowingly trailing them and waiting for the right opportunity to catch 'em. It's all so messed up and I thank God that I've made it this far unharmed and that nothing happened to myself or anyone else near this debacle. Why can't people stop trying to be bad ass and just do the shit they need to get done...well done? Seeing this whole thing has made me realize I need to work harder to just get my family out of here. So yea. Good job society. This is why I want to move to another country. Okay, I need to just chill out and drink me some of that fanciful new Mountain Dew Voltage. Yay! Later Guys!!

No comments: