need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little fuzzies and the thoughts in my head

So I totally love my ferret. I think we're bonding pretty well and we have fun. She war dances all over my bed and it's the cutest thing ever. Copper doesn't quite know what to make of her, but he knows that she's his baby. They get along fine, though. I've been having storms of inspiration twirling violently around in my head, so I just need to capture it all in my little journal. I'm excited about school coming up soon. I'm taking awesome classes, and did I mention that I'm taking a zombie class? Well sort of, it's about Victorian Era undead stories. I'm also taking this mythology class I've been waiting for forever. It's going to be a good semester because my tuition is mostly covered and I will be taking little Alice along with me to classes. That way I'm that odd chick who's kind of cool with her crazy exotic animal popping out of her hoodie....muwahahahaha. It should be fun. I'm also so rusty on my Japanese and this upcoming semester will help me get back into the groove of things, I will be volunteering my time to be Sensei's assistant, not her Teaching Assistant or anything. Um...clearly not much going on in my life. I might also take a stab at committing to a university club (I know, I know...shocking). We'll see how that goes. At least now I won't have to go find a second job...well technically since I'm getting work study this semester. I'm hoping to be a Japanese tutor in the reach center or something similar that I have fairly good knowledge about. Even though this is totally unrealted, I am going to run with this: I have recently found myself re-liking Stephen King. It could be due to the fact that AMC has been running 80's movies and 9 in 10 of them are movies based off of his books. I rediscovered Firestarter with a young Drew Barrymore...God she still has about the same voice and face, weird. It is during this revival of my intellectual love for his novels that I realized my dark thoughts are all thanks to him and Richard Matheson, who actually was an inspiration to King. I was like 11 and 12 reading The Green Mile and various others (Misery, Carrie, etc), and my classmates thought I was weird as did my teachers. But currently, it is also during this revival that I realize that I will more than likely be writing weird horror stories for kids and people who need simplistic books and storylines to entertain themselves. I fear that I'll never reach that multi-million dollar potential of King, but I think I'll make my mark on the fragile little minds of children everywhere. Muwahahahahaha. I figure that all I honestly want to do with my writing is somehow make an impression on people (positive! not negative) and hope that I somehow help a child not be afraid of the things lurking in their closet, or the deep recesses of their imagination and so on and so forth. God, I need to learn to focus more before I start rambling and writing as my chaotic thoughts purge forth. *Sigh* I think I'll wake Alice up so I can watch her war dance on my bed and fall off, then we'll both have a good laugh. Good night guys!

No comments: