need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good news...

I don't think that giraffe died, because I haven't seen anything on the news. AND...my hospital bills are now from like $3000 oddness to $200 oddness. Yay me and the wonderful hand known as fate! I was off the past couple of days and of course I spent them running around and taking care of my mom and sister... *exhausted expression inserted here* On Tuesday, I had to take mom to the hospital because her back was still leaking like fluids from her back surgery and I was all like, "Hmm, hope that's not spinal." Her friend panicked and made me take her to the hospital to see her doctor because he was there doing surgeries. Well, after debating it, I grudgingly agreed and made my sister drive us to the hospital. Piling up in the jeep, I sat in the backseat hoping to relax and think a bit before I had to be all adult again. We made it to the urine scented ER and waited for 2 hours just to find out the dumb ass nurses hadn't listened to a thing I said and that mom's Doctor had already left the building. I took a couple of deep breaths and refrained from screaming at the nosy woman sitting next to us and the nurses and asked my sister to drive again. After all, she got us safely to the hospital and I was upset, so she would be a better candidate to drive safely. ...Was I wrong. My sister started driving like a drunken old woman bat out of hell and after fearing for my life and the jeep potentially flipping over, I made her pull over in the middle of a lane. We switched spots and tried finding the street my mom's doctor's office was on. As much as I love the trees and greenery of Kentucky, I HATE our streets and driving all around God's creation to find a place that is mythical. I swear, I felt like Indy on the search for the Grail. My mom was in pain and all the roads we took had freaking gargantuan potholes and random patches of newer black top. And of course we couldn't find a place to get help, but somehow I managed to find a police station and went in to ask for directions. EVEN AFTER THAT...I still managed to get turned around. It was an 8-10 hour journey, but we got there. The building sat happily amongst some trees and patches of dirt from where they had decided to build business condos in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to shoot myself. It was horrible. I hate our jeep, and it was the first vehicle I really learned to drive. We got home safely of course and mom and my sister both passed out and I sat up, still wondering how I had managed to survive the harrowing ordeal of driving all around Kentucky with the two of them. So needless to say, I was totally pumped to get to work today, lol. Unfortunately, I didn't get to have any Narnia battles, so I'll have to push for them tomorrow. ...So, that's about it for my life so far. At least I had some good news. I didn't a kill a giraffe and possibly have to worry about having that on my conscience. Later guys!

No comments: