need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Monday, August 4, 2008

Adventure!

So, worked today, came home, played with Alice and we took a bath (she happily romped in the shower, lol), missed two calls, proceeded to clean the house and suddenly my sister comes home with groceries and answers the phone. It was dad. He was downtown at the university hospital. Our idiot uncle had had him committed. So poor dad was at the hospital since 10 am and missed his medications and everything. As much as my father and I fight, he's had so much crap happen to him. He had cancer then got smashed up in a machine at work, breaking his ribs, sternum and having a lung collapse which then his company let him go and he's now jobless. So, it's safe to say that he's a bit depressed. If you knew our uncle, you'd understand why dad finally snapped at his snide comments and "whattya gonna do when the money runs out" by saying "OH I don't know. Take a gun and blow my f---ing brains out." I felt horrible when we picked him up downtown. Dad's looking so old and tired, and I know he's lonely. He usually sleeps and is only awake for about 4 hours at a time. I think I'm gonna try to spend more time with him. My father is actually a very brilliant man, but stubborn and just...tired. A lot of things have happened to him in life and sometimes I wonder if any of it is my fault. It was all an adventure today though none the less. At work I walked into the storage room to clock out and got carried away singing with some little girl and burst in singing. Yea, the head manager and Coreen were on a conference call. I was mortified. I managed to also pass off my second novel for Shannon to read and I hope it's okay, because Steph and myself thought it was even better than the first. Let's see, what else has happened lately? Friday night was funny because my one manager Sherry came into the storage room while I was unpacking boxes and sang a couple of lyrics from a Jonas Brothers song (in Camp Rock). So I followed up with the lines that came after it (it's our way at the store to sing/talk song lyrics to each other and respond in kind) and realized something that I voiced to her. The song was about music being in the soul and I thought HM. So, the music was corrupting and consuming one's soul thus making them a zombie. Therefore the Jonas brothers are zombies. Think about this, little children and tweens all across America listen to their music and it's almost like they're the pied pipers. They're gonna turn little girls and tweens into zombies! Then the ever insightful Maggie added, "Yea, like if they said breathing was uncool then like 95% of them would stop breathing." She tried, so I added, "Good effort, Maggie." LoL, I love working there. It's always funny and full of adventure. Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? Adventure? Well and for me, Zombies!! Grah. Speaking of zombies, I need to play with my little zombie ninja master Alice for a while. She's giving me the adorable, "Come and release me from this cage human also known to me as mom" look. Heart melting it is. Good night guys!!

No comments: