need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here comes EVA

Poor little Alice had been acting weird lately. She would play if I made her play and then she would just sort of scoot onto her belly and lay flat. I took her little sighs as sighs of frustration and loneliness. Feeling pangs of guilt for not having bought two ferrets at once, I reluctantly asked her if she would like a playmate and by gosh she looked directly at me. So, off to Pet Palace I went to get her a friend/sibling. I had researched the best way to get another ferret and how to introduce it to the one I already have. Well, let me tell you...Pet Palace had all their ferrets just tossed into a black bin. Flies were covering them all and I was just upset at seeing them like that. I figured that they were all probably sick as it was hot and they just didn't look healthy (it didn't help the area was covered in ferret poo). Well, one little boy tried getting my attention and I held him and felt that he was probably the best choice, he was happy and bright eyed. But then, I noticed this tiny little ball of cream and rust colored fur, lying very very still and I freaked because I thought it was dead. I panicked and put the little boy down ignoring his pleading looks and trying to crawl out to me. I poked it and poked it, and finally the little creature looked up at me with groggy eyes. My heart was breaking and melting at the same time, so I reached in to pick her up (it's actually pretty easy to tell boys apart from girls) and grimaced. You could feel her ribs and hips, the poor thing was emaciated. Feeling this was probably her only chance at survival she wiggled and hopped around showing me she was full of energy. Eager to save a furry life, I chose her over the healthy bright eyed boy. We named her Eva, like Eve from Wall-E because he kept calling her Eva. Plus she's lighter colored than Alice and has tons of attitude just like Eve. Whomever said that ferrets don't show their personality until 6 months was totally wrong. Eva immediately began hopping around playing and letting us know what she did and didn't like. Thankfully, the vet we took her to said she was healthy, but honestly I'm still suspicious of him and will take her to my real vet for shots. She seems to be gaining a bit of weight, and I figure her energy and hopping lets me know she's fine. Alice even has a little spring in her step and they both get along pretty well. At first they hissed and stuff and Alice clearly loved Eva at first sight, but Eva is still a little nervous when they play too rough. I think the boys in the group she came from bullied her. Yay for furriness and happiness that is brought on by animals. I honestly never thought that such a small creature could be capable of soooooo much love and appreciation. Now, I am off to play with them for a while until I have to go to work. Later guys!!!!

No comments: