need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Paper cut

My fingers and hands are all covered in cuts. I think it might be from opening boxes at work and some of the packaging that our products come in. Christmas is a crazy time of the year and instead of invoking happiness it tends to bring out the worst in people instead. At one point today, a lady got pissy with me about some stupid boxes. People always want something more and it's like they completely forget that the people they are talking to are human too. Why people don't do their damn shopping sooner than now is beyond me. I understand picking up some stuff here and there that you might have missed before... It's really funny to me when customers tell me that they adopted a family for Christmas and want to know if there's anything cheaper in the store. It's like, why are you even going to bother getting something for someone when there's no love in it or that you're doing it for the right reasons instead of trying to look good in front of other people? It really bothers me. Bah hum bug. On a brighter note, I did discover that our local Dick's Sporting Goods carries rifles and ammunition, so my idea of taking over my mall when zombies attack is even more justified now. I'm still working on how to actually fortify the mall. I was thinking of recruiting the security guards since they have keys and all...but they are all kind of doofy. Hmm. What to do? I need to get a map and study it. My cousin agrees that the mall would be the best place, but it doesn't have a very good food court so that could be an issue. Oh well. Now, on a saner note, I finished most of my Christmas shopping, although not by choice. My wallet made that decision for me. There's so much that I want to get everyone but I don't have anymore money. I'm going to draw pictures of a couple of people. I know that's cheesy, but it'll be fun for me to do an anime caricature of some of the people I work with. In fact, I need to go ahead and start that before I go to bed. I gotta work tomorrow and on X-mas eve too, but it's cool. Okay, g'night guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS! and for my Jewish friends, HAPPY CHANUKKAH!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

This reminds me of when we had some gifts with purchase and these two women were talking amongst themselves saying how they could just go shopping a various stores to get the GWPs and give them as the Angel Tree gifts while they kept the ones they spent money on "since they don't know those kids anyway." Then they went on to also buy a clearance item that was an additional 50% off...so it wound up being like a buck or two...they peeled off the clearance sticker so it would show its original value because I guess if you donated something worth x amount of dollars at some car place for their toy drive, you got a free oil change.

It sickens me how selfish people are this time of year. It really shows the customers' true colors. Perhaps once I've been out of retail for a while, I'll start to appreciate the season again.