need to search my page or the net?

Google
 

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Working as a test scorer

Lameness ensues. They can't decide what the hell counts and what doesn't. Spelling sure as hell isn't important. If I was to try and list the many different ways you can actually spell "apologize" I think the internet would crash. The education of today's youth worries me greatly. I mean, if a child cannot even spell "like" at the fourth grade level... I mean what are the teachers doing? I know many a great teachers and I know that educators cannot follow the children home to make sure that they are doing homework and reinforcing what they've learned. Home environments should be taken into consideration but how exactly do you stop a neverending chain of limited education? It's a bit bleak, but something needs to be done. The most discerning thing about my job is that I am not making a difference. The higher ups come and tell us to essentially lower the standards so that more kids are able to pass. There's no way to alert anyone about the absolute inability for a student to spell words to make a coherent sentence. ...And this is why we are all screwed if the zombie apocalypse hits us when we're old and the children of tomorrow unleash hell on earth and open a fire exit which then lets the zombies in to devour all of us stuck in wheelchairs because they couldn't read. But seriously, these kids need some hooked on phonics or something. Ish.

No comments: